Here’s What Happens When You Don’t Get Enough Sleep
Short-term problems can include:
- Lack of alertness. Even missing as little as 1.5 hours can have an impact on how you feel.
- Excessive daytime sleepiness. It can make you very sleepy and tired during the day.
- Impaired memory. Lack of sleep can affect your ability to think, remember and process information.
- Relationship stress. It can make you feel moody and you can become more likely to have conflicts with others.
- Quality of life. You may become less likely to participate in normal daily activities or to exercise.
- Greater likelihood for car accidents. Drowsy driving accounts for thousands of crashes, injuries and fatalities each year, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
A sleepless night can leave you feeling more irritable, short-tempered, and stressed
Here are some of the things you can do to get your day good:
- Do morning yoga because it helps in increasing the blood flow to your vital organs like brain, heart, lungs and kidneys.
- Choose a comfortable outfit so that you don’t feel restricted all day at the office.
- Fuel your body with healthy food and stay hydrated. Drink lots of water.
- Also give yourself grace and expect to need more time to complete tasks and more breaks between things.
- Sometimes a 30 mins nap midday helps a lot.
- Avoid wheat… avoid gluten because it’s harder for the body to digest and so it makes you more sleepy as the blood works harder on those organs than your brain etc.
- Listening to a good uplifting music keeps the mood on a much more even keel.
But my friend sleep is important, just like water, so you are only hurting yourself if you go without it for the sake of anything else. Sleep should be among your top priorities, everything else can wait.